Online CPR Recertification
New for Healthcare Providers!
AHA Healthcare Provider Online BLS Recertification
Step 1: Register at http://www.onlineaha.org
Step 2: Complete the online testing at your convenience, receive certificate, register on website below or by phone for your required 90-minute Skills Testing.
Step 4: Attend your scheduled, pre-paid skill session at Elks Lodge, Mission and C Street in San Rafael!
Prepaid Fee is $50 and you walk out with your new card!
The American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 Course, Web-based and accessible 24 hours a day, provides a flexible alternative to classroom training. Through case-based scenarios, interactive activities and videos, this course teaches the concepts of both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
The online portion of the training must be paired with CPR Etc's hands-on skills practice and testing session at our San Rafael, California training location. Students who successfully complete the Online training at http://www.onlineaha.org receive a certificate that allows them entrance into a skills practice and testing session. An AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion card will be issued upon successful completion of all three parts.
Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
- CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression and ventilation rates for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
eLearning (online lessons blended with hands-on skills session)
Takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete Part 1. Additional time required for skills practice and testing ( Parts 2 and 3).